Senior RF Engineer
Topanga Technologies is the leading innovator of solid-state drivers and electrode-free plasma lamps providing energy efficient, economical and reliable lighting solutions that surpass both traditional and new technology platforms. Founded in 2005, Topanga Technologies has R&D and manufacturing facilities in San Jose and Los Angeles.
The Senior RF Engineer is a key position at Topanga Technologies. High power RF amplifiers are a critical technology needed for the Advanced Plasma Lighting System. Responsibilities include the design and development of High Power RF amplifiers for Topanga’s Advanced Plasma Lighting. Design work involves low impedance transistor matching networks, stabilization of amplifiers into severe mismatch loads, and utilizing high efficiency design techniques. Other responsibilities include the integration of digital, analog and low level RF with the High Power RF amplifiers and the integration of the overall RF power system with the plasma light source. Position located in Canoga Park, CA.
Direct experience in designing high-power RF amplifier matching networks using LDMOS or GaAs HFET technologies is required. The applicant must have a strong background in Microwave and RF engineering, emphasis on one or several of the following areas is highly desirable:
- Minimum of 5 years industry experience
- Hands-on experience with board level tuning and optimization of matching networks.
- High level of experience and understanding of power amplifier high-efficiency design techniques.
- Microwave measurement techniques (S-parameters, VNA calibration techniques, spectrum analyzers, power meters, etc).
- Understanding and development of advanced RF/microwave measurement techniques
- Working knowledge of AWR Microwave Office(or similar simulator), experience with EM simulators (2D/3D) is also desired.
- Solid understanding concerning circuit instability and strategies to resolve them.
- Experience in operating high power RF amplifiers into severe mismatches(driving plasma chambers, CO2 lasers, Broadcast systems, etc)
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work in teams.
- Bachelor of Science degree in electrical engineering or physics
Qualified candidates should email their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org